Terms and Conditions
1. Access to and use of this site is provided by Walkingworld subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions").
2. Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions which take effect when you first use this site.
3. Walkingworld reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
4. Whilst Walkingworld endeavours to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, Walkingworld will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Walkingworld does not guarantee the functions contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that this site or its server will be free of viruses or other harmful components, or defects will be corrected even if Walkingworld is aware of them.
5. Access to this site may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice. Walkingworld may terminate use of the service with or without cause at any time and effective immediately, at Walkingworld's sole discretion. Walkingworld shall not be liable to the user or any third party for termination of service.
6. Whilst Walkingworld endeavours to ensure that the information on this site is correct, no warranty, express or implied, is given as to its accuracy and Walkingworld does not accept any liability for error or omission.
7. Part of this site contains materials submitted to Walkingworld by third parties. Third parties are responsible for ensuring that materials submitted for inclusion on this site comply with national and foreign law. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of this material and expressly disclaim any responsibility for error, omission or inaccuracy in the material. We also expressly disclaim any liability for direct and indirect losses however caused through reliance on the material contained on this site or any failure or alleged failure in the delivery of the services referred to herein, or in event of the bankruptcy, liquidation or cessation of trade of any company, individual or firm referred to herein.
8. Walkingworld shall not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
9. If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or enforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the clause concerned and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
10. Nothing in this agreement shall limit Walkingworld's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. This agreement does not affect or prejudice your statutory rights.
11. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction for hearing any dispute arising under this agreement.
12. The failure of Walkingworld to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
13. The section titles in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
You acknowledge and agree that the entire content, design and the selection and arrangement of the content and material contained in this site, including but not limited to text, software (including applets), music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, page layout, is protected by copyrights, trade marks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws. You acknowledge and agree that you are permitted to use this material and information only on the bases expressly set out below and any use such as but not limited to: copying, reproducing, transmitting, distributing, or creating derivative works of such content or information is prohibited without the prior express written authorisation of Walkingworld.
You are permitted to print and download extracts from this site only on the following bases:
a. use of documents and related graphics on this site is for personal use only;
b. any copies of these pages saved to disk or to any other storage medium may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal use;
c. no documents or related graphics on this site are to be modified in any way;
d. no part of this site may be reproduced or stored in any other Website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without Walkingworld's prior written permission.
Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms and Conditions are reserved to Walkingworld.
Certain content on this site is only accessible to members who have paid an annual subscription or bought an individual walk for a payment. This content is for the personal use of the account holder only. You must not share your account details with anyone else.
For the purposes of this agreement, the account holder is an individual or, if specified in the membership account, two people living at the same address.
1. You will have an opportunity to check and correct any input errors in your order up until you submit your order. After submitting an order we will give you a reference number and details of the products you have ordered. We will send the details to you in an e-mail. Please note that this e-mail is an acknowledgement, not acceptance of your order.
Acceptance of your order and the creation of a legally binding contract between us will only occur when we confirm delivery of your order.
We may decline all or part of your order for any reason, in which case we will contact you as soon as we can to let you know.
2. All prices and charges on this site are shown in UK pounds sterling. They include any VAT payable. You may choose to convert the payment into Euros or US Dollars before making payment.
The total cost of your order will be set out clearly in your shopping basket before you submit your order.
Prices, offers and products are subject to availability and may change before we accept your order.
We work hard to ensure that information on this site is accurate. However errors can occur. If we discover an error in the price or description of a product you have ordered, we will ask you whether you wish to continue with your order or cancel it.
3. The cost of delivery within the UK mainland is calculated when you complete your order and before you make payment. Where stated in the product description delivery to the UK mainland may be included. There is no delivery charge for subscriptions or electronic downloads. For deliveries outside the UK mainland we will advise you of the cost before despatch and give you the option to cancel your order, should you not wish to pay the delivery charge.
Delivery times are calculated in working days - i.e. Monday to Friday inclusive. Postal and courier deliveries within the UK mainland should arrive within 10 working days of placing your order.
We do everything we can to meet the specified delivery times. Occasionally delivery times may be affected by factors beyond our control and therefore cannot be guaranteed. We will inform you if we become aware of an unexpected delay.
4. All products available for download remain the property of their respective owners. Through your purchase you obtain a licence to use those products solely for your own personal use.
5. If you are not satisfied with our subscription service or with the details provided for an individual walk purchase, under our guarantee you may request the refund of your subscription payment or individual walk payment at any time up to a year after the payment. We will refund your payment within five days. Use the contact form to request a refund.
1. When you submit a walk to Walkingworld, you assign to Walkingworld the right to use your pictures, instructions and descriptions, on the Walkingworld web site. You agree that Walkingworld can modify this information and make editorial revisions.
2. You acknowledge that the words and pictures you submit to Walkingworld are entirely your own and have not been copied from anywhere else, for instance from a guidebook.
3. Walkingworld undertakes to pay you commission for each time your walk is downloaded. Commission is paid from a share of the subscriptions paid by members for downloading walks. Details of this scheme are published on the site.
4. Walkingworld reserves the right to not publish a walk or to remove it from the database.
5. Walkingworld will attempt to ensure that your walk reaches the standard required to be in the database; however Walkingworld cannot guarantee acceptance of any walk into the database. Walkingworld's decision on whether a walk is acceptable or not is final.
6. Walkingworld will endeavour to complete a walk submitted by you as quickly as possible. Walks submitted with digital mapping or GPX files will be processed more quickly. However walks may take several weeks to be completed and accepted into the database.
Privacy and security
Walkingworld conforms to the UK Data Protection Act 1998. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have supplied to us. Walkingworld is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We do not share our mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers or partners.
We use the personal information we collect solely to create your member profile and administrate your activities on the site, for instance when you contribute walks. Walkingworld offers free updates, newsletters & reminders as a service to members, based on your voluntary subscription. You can elect not to receive emails from us by accessing the My Walkingworld section of the site.
In common with most organisations, we share aggregate information about our users with our business partners and other third parties. This information shows user activity as a whole rather than on an individual basis and cannot be used to individually identify you.
Walkingworld offers the ability to correct or change information collected during registration. This can be done in the My Walkingworld section of the site. You may change this information at any time and as often as necessary. If you have any difficulties in amending information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We may also store information about you using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) which we can access when you visit our site. We do this to enable you to log in to the site automatically (should you have chosen the 'Remember Me' option), to track the impressions and click-throughs on banner advertisements and for general web analytics. Cookies may also be placed by some 3rd party advertisers whose banner advertisements we host. With our own banner advertisement system and web analytics tools individual users are not identified, and we do not pass information about you to 3rd party advertisers.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that
by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to
access certain areas or features of our site.
Walkingworld is published by Walkingworld Ltd, Tufton Lodge, Barras, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria CA17 4JD, U.K.
Company registered in England no. 4238704 VAT: 847 1723 15